Keep your body court ready with these simple workouts you can do at home!
Home Volleyball Workouts
Warm up for your volleyball workout by jogging for 20 minutes, then stretching your arms, shoulders, hamstrings, hip flexors and ankles (all the muscles you use most during volleyball).
- Lunges (Sets/Reps: 3×20)
- Wall sits (3 sets. First set is 30 seconds, then 45 seconds, then 60 seconds)
- Jumping Jacks (3×50)
Quick Feet: Jump Rope Series
- Normal pace jump, 30 seconds
- Right foot only, 30 seconds
- Left foot only, 30 seconds
- Double right, double left, 30 seconds
- Fast as you can go, 30 seconds
Repeat 3 times with a 1-minute rest between sets.
Vary your training with this 5-minute jump rope speed workout.
- Sit-Ups (3×50)
- Plank (3 sets. First set is 30 seconds, then 45 seconds, then 60 seconds)
Home Volleyball Drills
When practicing your volleyball skills at home, concentrate on your technique. Practice getting your hands into the right position while setting, swinging your arms through while spiking and planting your feet while passing.
Warm Up Hands
- Quick sets against a wall for 45 seconds
- Take a step back, set against wall for 60 seconds
- Take a bigger step back and set against wall for 90 seconds
Lie Down and Set
- Lie on your back with your knees bent
- Set the volleyball to yourself quickly 100 times without pushing the ball high
- Slow down and set the ball a bit higher 100 more times
Pass to Self
- Plant your feet and lower your legs like you are passing in a live game
- Pass to yourself without moving your feet
- Pass to yourself by moving forward and backward
- Pass to yourself side-to-side by shuffling your feet
- Pass forward or diagonal, using the wall to return the ball
- After getting the hang of wall passing, move into pass-set-hit against the wall (similar to peppering with a partner)
- Alternate between passing and setting to yourself
- Practice approach in an open space
- Hit against a wall
- Perform Dumbbell Arm Swings