OUR CORE VALUES
We believe that we have an educational program built on the fundamental skills of volleyball. The life lessons and values that we teach will be essential to a player’s development as an athlete, a student, and a person. We also believe “working hard” is a core value that goes into everything we teach and train.
Putnam believes strongly in adhering to its core values:
- There is inherent value in working hard.
- Put winning in its proper place, its the result of working hard.
- Create and retain a positive learning environment.
- We believe our highest priority lies with each individual team, its players and their families.
- We believe in striving for success through player development.
- We believe that coaches are a significant influence on the lives of our players; therefore, we exercise great care in selecting our coaching staff. In addition to demonstrating excellence in volleyball, coaches must enjoy working with young players.
- The club experience should be challenging, fun, and educational..
- Each time an athlete takes the court, it is an opportunity to better themselves.
- Putnam athletes should win and lose with equal grace and exemplify true sportsmanship.
- We believe that success of our players depends on a partnership of which includes coaches, parents and the Putnam family. Parents should expect that their support will make a difference.
- We believe in developing within our players an ability to appreciate and value the diversity within our volleyball community.